Explosion on Jupiter Spotted by Amateur Astronomers George Hall
Young Winston Churchill
All I can picture is Leo Wong saying “Now he fat” and giggling like he does.
Excerpt from the episode “Vincent and the Doctor” (S05E10) – Doctor Who.
The Doctor: In a hundred words, where do you think van Gogh rates in the history of art?
Dr. Black: Big question, but… to me, van Gogh is the finest painter of them all; certainly the most popular great painter of all time; the most beloved; his command of colour the most magnificent. He transformed the pain of his tormented life into ecstatic beauty. Pain is easy to portray, but to use your passion and pain to portray the ecstasy and joy and magnificence of our world… no one had ever done it before… Perhaps no one ever will again. To my mind that strange wild man who roamed the fields of Provence was not only the world’s greatest artist, but also one of the greatest men who ever lived.
why i love doctor who, basically.
Happy 75th birthday to Dr. Hunter S. Thompson… RIP #huntersthompson #gonzo (Taken with Instagram)
「 Shadow of the Colossus 」
1. Valus the Minotaur
Kurt Vonnegut’s Rules for the Short Story
1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
4. Every sentence must do one of two things–reveal character or advance the action.
5. Start as close to the end as possible.
6. Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them–in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To heck with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.